DUMBO, acronym of Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, is an historic district of Brooklyn, one of the five boroughs of New York City.
DUMBO, an industrial district with spectacular views of Manhattan and beautiful New York bridges, including the Brooklyn Bridge. This is the first neighborhood of Brooklyn that you will find after crossing the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan. It is a combination of old warehouses, interesting shops and restaurants, and luxurious apartments. You can find art galleries and sometimes art exhibitions. Great neighborhood for amateur photographers!
What to do in DUMBO?
- Go to one of the many cultural events, take a picnic, kayak, cycle and take the kids on the playgrounds with world-class views to the amazing Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Take pictures, enjoy the view of Fulton Ferry Landing.
- Eat an ice cream in the famous Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory.
- Enjoy chocolates from Jacques Torres or enjoy a coffee break at Almondine Bakery.
- Take a tour of the Jane’s Carousel at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Rent a bike, take a ferry to Governors Island (summer only)